The APLD® California Chapter advances the visibility of our work in local communities by promoting standards of excellence for our members. The Chapter was created to encourage and facilitate communication, networking, a spirit of cooperation, and shared experience. The better educated and informed our members, the better our clients are served. We invite you to become part of this community as we all strive to create beautiful and sustainable environments throughout our state.
The Chapter Board:
- Advocates for Professional Landscape Designers in the State of California,
- Develops the APLD organization at a state and local level,
- Partners with other organizations to achieve the mission and goals of the APLD California Chapter and Districts,
- Coordinates with local Districts to publish the monthly newsletter, web site, and other Chapter-wide communications,
- Manages membership records at the Chapter level,
- Serves as liaison between the Districts and the national APLD organization,
- Helps facilitate opportunities for continuing education on a wide range of issues related to landscape design, such as environmental protection, local laws that affect our practices, the latest products and construction techniques, etc.
- Coordinates the yearly Sponsorship Drive, sets and administers Sponsor Benefits.
2017 APLD California Chapter Board of Directors
|President 2017||Linda Middleton, APLD|
|President-Elect 2017||Francesca Corra, APLD|
|Past President 2016||Mary Fisher, APLD|
|Treasurer/Vice President||Ramie Allard, APLD|
|Advocacy Chair||Amelia Lima, APLD|
|Communications Chair||Diane Goldsmith|
|Membership Chair||Tracey Grillo|
|Sponsorship Chair||Laura Morton, APLD|
|Sustainability Chair||Maureen Decombe|
Other Chapter Contacts
|Newsletter Editor||Anne Weinberger|
|Newsletter Graphics||Diane Goldsmith|
2017 District Council
|Bay Area District Rep||Janet Enright|
|Greater Los Angeles District Rep||Kristan Browne|
|Sacramento District Rep||Martin Carrion van Rijn|
|San Diego District Rep||Kimberly Alexander|
Members- to update your email address, phone number, etc., log in to your account on the APLD.ORG website. If you experience log-in difficulties, or have questions about updating your information, please contact the Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have updated on the APLD.ORG website, changes will be registered in APLD’s central database and will then be sent to the Chapter. To expedite your changes at the Chapter level, please copy email@example.com when you submit your information.